Sorry I forgot to put an Open Thread up this morning. I’m trying to finish a library book that I’m not really digging. But if I don’t finish it soon, I’m going to have to either return it or incur late fees. And there are other people who have it on hold, so I don’t want to keep them waiting. But don’t want to return it until either finish it or have something else ready.
The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. Then he said to the tree, “May no one ever eat fruit from you again.” And his disciples heard him say it.
The Opposition with Jordan Klepper: The enemy is Amazon
Mental Floss: 29 facts about European royalty.
Robert Reich: Why I stand with the Dreamers:
Young Turks: Protesters drown out Nazi Richard Spencer.
Bill Maher: ShitStarter.
Sarah Silverman interviews an ex-Member of the Westboro Baptist Church
Adam Ruins Everything: Why taxes suck.
John Oliver: Equifax.
Fucking Moron Dotard Трамп (and Friends):
- ONN: How fake news led President Трамп to believe ‘Semi-Charmed Life’ was by Matchbox 20
- Trevor: Трамп offends the families of fallen troops
- Republican Tax Plan Game Show:How much does Jared Kushner get?
- Ari Melber: General John Kelly is now part of the White House fact problem
- Sam Seder: John Kelly disgraced himself so that Трамп can attack Gold Star mother
- Keith Olbermann: Why did Paul Manafort really need to get to Dotard Трамп?
- The President Show: The President’s fitness test
- Young Turks: John Kelly Lies To Cover For Трамп
- David Pakman: Voter suppression gave Wisconsin to Трамп
- Former Presidents denounce divisive, Trump-era politics
- Bill Maher: Salt in the wound
- Music remixing tutorial: Eminem vs. Трамп + National Anthem:
- Is Dotard Трамп a secret time traveler?
- Here is what we know about what happened in Niger
- Disaster victims can’t get enough of Dotard Трамп, says Dotard Трамп
- Young Turks: Shrub attacks Dotard Трамп
- Rachael Maddow: Dotard Трамп’s travel ban decision preceded US Niger exposure
- Sam Seder: Trolling Трамп–A mashup by Vic Berger
- SNL flashback: The apprentice halloween promo
- Keith Olbermann: Dotard Трамп is fucking crazy
- Fact Check: Have insurance companies gotten rich off of ObamaCare?
- Trevor: Dotard Трамп & Mitch McConnell’s public break-up
- The President Show: Friends wanted.
- Jim Jefferies: Congressman Ted Lieu , trolling the President
Now some good news on voting rights.
The Opposition with Jordan Klepper: The Bunk-Her.
Jimmy Kimmel: The week in unnecessary censorship.
PsychoSuperMom: Voodoo economics
Neutron star smash-up witnessed with light and gravitational waves.
Sarah Silverman: Sarah goes to Mineola, TX.
Conan chats with Sen. Al Franken (D-MN).
The Opposition with Jordan Klepper: Bipartisanship is an evil conspiracy
Last week’s Friday Night Multimedia Extravaganza can be found here.
Emmett has a piece on how Cascadia would have done in World Cup qualifying if we were a country. One thing that surprised me was our per capita wealth. I would have thought that it beat out the US, or at least come close. Oh well, at least the unis look pretty neat.
In the last open thread, I suggested that if you vote for the Republican in a partisan race, you are on team there are some good Nazis. I was taken to task in the comments for the grammar. I suspect that they wanted it to be team there-are-some-good-Nazis. But I think those extra hyphens don’t add anything. You could do all caps, I suppose team There Are Some Good Nazis. I guess the bottom line is don’t vote Republican: They think that there are good Nazis.
The Seattle Chapter of Drinking Liberally meets this evening. Please stop by for political conversation over a drink.
Can’t make it to Seattle? Check out one of the 240 chapters of Living Liberally, including 23 in Washington state, five in Oregon and three in Idaho. Find, or go out and start, a chapter near you.
Ballots are dropping soon. I feel fine for whoever wins Seattle mayor and city council. As far as partisan races go: If you vote for any Republicans, you’re on team there are some good Nazis.
If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out her hand and seizes him by the genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall not pity her.
Samantha Bee: Abortion, birth control & other unnecessary things
Jim Jefferies: The Hawaiian GOP’s civil war.
Sexual-Predator-and-Narcissist-in-Chief Dotard Трамп (and His Co-conspirators):
- Stephen goes one-on-one with “President Jump Shot”
- Jimmy Kimmel on twitter fight with Dotard Трамп Jr.
- Young Turks: Трамп doesn’t know what he’s President of
- Seth Meyers: Republicans think Трамп is unstable, Трамп attacks press freedom
- Stephen: Трамп doesn’t agree with “We The People”
- Chris Hayes: How President Dotard Трамп gets those great golf scores
- James Corden: Another report claims Трамп is losing it
- Roy Zimmerman: Like a Brick Thrown in Troubled Waters:
- Stephen’s interview of Hannity’s interview of Трамп
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dotard Трамп wants you to know he’s smart
- Tonight Show: Madea is Трамп’s new communications director
- The President Show: Presidential distraction photo op — veterans
- Jimmy Fallon: Pros and cons of Трамп’s space program
- Young Turks: The dotard forgets to sign executive order.
- Maddow: Lacking policy vision, Dotard Трамп attacks Barack Obama accomplishments
- James Corden: Eminem goes nuclear on the Dotard
- Seth Meyers: Dotard Трамп, Harvey Weinstein, and systemic sexism
- Keith Olbermann: Is Mueller trying to stop Трамп from pardoning people?
- Late Show: Jon Stewart joins the “Трамп attacked me on Twitter” Hall of Fame
- Jimmy Kimmel’s plan to stop Трамп’s angry tweeting
- Cat fight: Ivana and Melania Трамп’s feud
- Jimmy Kimmel: Frank Sinatra’s ghost sings a song for Dotard Трамп:
- Eminem completely destroys Trump
- Late Show: Deleted scenes from Eminem’s Трамп diss
- James Corden: Senator Corker pops off on President Трамп
- Young Turks: Трамп is breaking ObamaCare all by himself
- Keith Olbermann: What Mike Pence’s cynical anthem stunt cost
- Seth Meyers gives his fans Eminem’s Трамп ultimatum
- Francesca Fiorentini: Why does the religious right worship fake Christian?
- Jimmy Kimmel: Mike Pence’s bunny has a book deal
- Stephen: Трамп’s tax plan will help truckers….About 30 of them
- Maddow: Bad leadership turned Puerto Rico crisis into catastrophe
- WaPo: Eminem’s attack on Трамп isn’t his first presidential beef
- Randy Rainbow: DESPERATE CHEETO:
- Stephen found Трамп’s IQ test results
- Jimmy Fallon: White House adult day care center
- Young Turks: Jared Kushner is real estate’s biggest fail son
- Late Show: Before the storm, remembering “The calm”
- FOD: If Pixar made a DACA movie
- David Hawkings’ whiteboard:What’s the 25th amendment?
- Seth Meyers: Senator Cory Booker is very concerned about Трамп
- Sam Seder: Трамп gets mad at the news, and wants to take them off the air
- Melania’s great escape.
- Chris Hayes: Dotard Трамп tortured teleprompter moments
- Liberal groups will weaponize Трамп’s birth control actions
- Stephen and Jon Stewart: grants Трамп’s request for equal time:
- Senators who have questioned Трамп’s temperament
- WaPo: What we know about Junior’s June 2016 Trump Tower meeting with a Russian lawyer
- Young Turks: Трамп’s feelings about executive orders…before he was President
- Stephen: Bob Corker gives Трамп a taste of his own medicine
SNL Weekend Update: Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Neil Gorsuch
Full Frontal: Finnish fake news.
Late Night: Amber responds to Mike Ditka
This is Jemele Hill
How granite counters took over American kitchens.
Gunz Fer ‘Merica:
- Seth Meyers: Senator Cory Booker wants to close gun sale loopholes
- FOD: The NRA is not to blame
- Weekend Update: The Las Vegas Shooting
- The Daily Show: Reassessing the same old debate on gun control
- Roll Call: 10 years of Congressional efforts on gun control
Incredible pumpkin carving.
Samantha Bee: A penis PSA.
The Daily Show takes on Chicago.
Last week’s Friday Night Multimedia Extravaganza can be found here.
There was a store on one of my walks that I have no idea what it does. I have never been inside it, but it looks like it sold a random selection of dream catchers and potted plants. It’s not in the most expensive neighborhood, but it’s still urban Seattle. My best guess is that it’s either some sort of front operation, or a bored trust fund kid needed something to do.
Anyway, I walked past it the other day and it was gone. I think I’m sad about that. I’m sure the space will be put to better use, but I will miss walking by it and wondering what the hell was going on in there.
There is a special place in hell for the men who didn’t know something was up at work with other men. I can’t help but read it as “I made myself untrustworthy to all the women I work with.” If you never heard any rumors, it’s not because they weren’t going around. If you weren’t ever asked to stay late so a woman didn’t have to be alone with so-and-so, it doesn’t mean that so-and-so wasn’t giving off a vibe, or had a history, or whatever. If nobody has said “you’re a man, you go talk to him” or something similar, it doesn’t mean that those conversations didn’t need to happen.
Please join us this evening as the Seattle Chapter of Drinking Liberally meets for an evening of friends, fellowship, fine arts, and…mocking the hell out of the lunatic fringe that the right wing has self-lobotomized itself into. Oh…and the fragrant beverage of your choice.
Can’t make it to Seattle? Check out one of the 239 chapters of Living Liberally, including 23 in Washington state, five in Oregon and three in Idaho. Find, or go out and start, a chapter near you.
Here’s the thing about Pence’s dumbass stunt that’s pissing me off: Nobody invited him. He bigfooted his way into a game just to leave. But nobody invited him.
Nobody was clamoring for the asshole who privatized a bunch of state assets and fought with the only Democratic statewide elected official because he wanted to fuck education over. Nobody demanded his mix of creepy and crooked show up at the game. The Colts did him a favor by letting him in, accommodating him and his security, and this is how he responded.
Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!
Jimmy Dore: Bill-O-The-Clown says, “I was not fired!”
Minute Physics: How to build a teleporter with aliens
John Oliver: Forensic science.
His Own Katrina, and Other Adventures of Dotard Трамп:
- Jimmy Dore: Трамп slams Puerto Rican Mayor from golf course
- Seth Meyers: Dotard Трамп attacks the Mayor of San Juan
- Stephen: The Dotard Трамп blames Puerto Rico for running up his budget
- Farron Cousins: Does Dotard Трамп even want to be President anymore?
- Jordan Klepper: Dotard Трамп’s hurricane Maria response.
- Late Show: A suicide pact within the Трамп administration
- PsychoSuperMom: (Puerto Rico’s In) America:
- Keith Olbermann: Трамп is not planning to rebuild Puerto Rico
- SNL: Weekend Update on hurricane Maria.
- Trevor: The first anniversary of pussygate.
- Samantha Bee: A primer on Puerto Rico
- Jimmy Dore: Трамп, “Puerto Rico surrounded by big water”
- Stephen: Did Rex Tillerson call Трамп a “moron” or a “fucking moron?”
- James Corden: Rex Tillerson totally called Трамп a moron
- Seth Meyers: Rex Tillerson called Трамп a moron
- Bill Maher: The worst responder
- Jimmy Kimmel: Dotard Трамп throws paper towels in Puerto Rico
- Seth Meyers: Dotard Трамп’s Puerto Rico visit and the gun debate
- Jordan Klepper: The alternative media’s speedy pre-verified fact
- Jim Jefferies: Трамп responds to Puerto Rico
- Majority Report: Трамп tries to be cute by pronouncing ‘Puerto Rico’ in accent
- Jimmy Kimmel: Трамп is a tornado of fake news
- The President Show: The President’s tone is somber
- Stephen: The triumvirate of stupidity—Tillerson, Mattis and Mnuchin
- Conan: Puerto Ricans respond to Трамп’s paper towel toss
- Jimmy Dore: Army General rips Трамп’s Puerto Rican response as racist
- Late Show: Things Rex Tillerson definitely DIDN’T Call Трамп
- Jimmy Dore and friends: Trump throws paper towels at Puerto Rican victims
- Keith Olbermann: The roots of Трамп’s prejudice
- SNL: The chaos president
- Seth Meyers: Late Night White House press briefing—What does Vice President Pence call sex?
- Sam Seder: Ivanka and Трамп Jr. were VERY close to being indicted for fraud
- Jimmy Kimmel: Rex Tillerson definitely called Dotard Трамп a moron
- Sen. Gustavo Rivera (NY-33) on the response in Puerto Rico
- Stephen: Puerto Rico deals with another storm, and Dotard Трамп has a Twitter-tantrum.
Young Turks: Hypocrite pro-lifer gets BUSTED
Jordan Klepper: Defending a man’s right to choose.
Rich Uncle Pennybags trolls Equifax hearing:
Mental Floss: Origins of alcohol brand names.
Ari Berman: Egregious gerrymandering.
Gunz in America:
- Jordan Klepper: Running away from the gun control debate
- How the gun lobby responds to mass shootings.
- Young Turks: Who gets the most money from the NRA?
- Jimmy Kimmel: It is NOT too soon
- VOX: The gun modification that made the Las Vegas shooting so deadly
- Mark Fiore: As time goes by.
- Francesca Fiorentini: NO TALKING ABOUT GUN CONTROL!!:
- Stephen: If now isn’t the time to talk about guns, when is?
- Trevor: FAUX News has a hard time processing the Las Vegas shooting
- WaPo: “President Trump, end this ‘American carnage’.”
- John Oliver: NRA
- Rep. John Lewis on Gun Control
- Stephen: A gun regulation analogy for all you stoners
- WaPo: what is a bump stock.
Samantha Bee: Health care—How to make a jacked up American quilt.
Young Turks: Buzzfeed exposes Breitbart’s Neo-Nazi roots.
Adam ruins the suburbs.
Jimmy Dore chats with Sen. Lindsey Graham about repeal.
Last week’s Friday Night Multimedia Extravaganza can be found here.